Dimensions Of Facebook Cover Photo

Dimensions Of Facebook Cover Photo: So, I understand a lot of you create your very own Facebook timeline cover pictures for your team or for your service page and also I likewise know a great deal of you obtain distressed due to the fact that it gets pixelated or loses quality, right? Think exactly what, also as an internet designer, this was happening to me! [the horror!!!]


Dimensions Of Facebook Cover Photo


When I was creating our graphics for the All Up in Your Woman Business podcast, I developed a team cover picture for our Facebook group with every one of the "typical" specs I made use of-- the best dimension, the ideal style, etc and it was STILL resembling a warm mess. There were pieces of the solid color blocks that were pixelating and also "feathering" around contrasting letters and it was driving me BATTY. However, think just what? I found out how to repair it as well as I intended to share it with you!

Alright, so, you HAVE to ensure the picture is the best dimension; if it is also 1 pixel off Facebook will certainly press it as well as your quality will go down-the-tube. So, what dimension should it be?

For a business page (and your individual cover image): 851 x 315 pixels [WxH] For a Facebook team page: 801 x 250 pixels

The "normal" way to save anything for internet usage is to "save for web usage" as a PNG file kind BUT, in the case of our podcast FB team image, it wasn't functioning, it was looking like this [look close, you'll see pixelation specifically around the text on the left-hand side of the photo]

So, I did a little research as well as understood that Facebook press ANYTHING over 100KB's in dimension-- even if your photo is 101KB it will be compressed and look like poo.

Exactly how do you deal with that? Well, you save it as a JPG and also manage the documents size [see below]

These are some screenshots from Photoshop of how I dimension and also conserve my pictures (this example is a Facebook Company page Cover Picture).


Start with the proper dimension.

Produce the image.

Conserve as a JPG.


In most modifying programs, you'll see just what size the JPG will be, in my instance it was 202.6 kb, so I dragged the high quality slider until I got it the closest to 100KB without discussing [ya know, type of like the Cost is Right, ha!]


Alright, I reduced the data dimension to 99KB and below is the new screenshot of exactly what our group photo looked like ... BETTER!

Completely disclosure, we in fact altered our brand around a little bit hereafter all went down, so this is the real existing pictures on our team page-- yet still, no pixelation.

There you have it! Exactly how you can prevent the ever-so-present pixelation in Facebook cover pictures.