What are the Dimensions Of A Facebook Cover Photo

What Are The Dimensions Of A Facebook Cover Photo: So, I understand a lot of you create your personal Facebook timeline cover pictures for your team or for your business page and also I also know a great deal of you get disappointed since it gets pixelated or loses quality, right? Think exactly what, even as a web developer, this was happening to me! [the scary!!!]


What Are The Dimensions Of A Facebook Cover Photo


When I was creating our graphics for the All Up in Your Lady Company podcast, I designed a team cover photo for our Facebook group with every one of the "normal" specs I made use of-- the best size, the right style, etc and also it was STILL resembling a warm mess. There were items of the strong shade obstructs that were pixelating as well as "feathering" around contrasting letters and it was driving me BATTY. But, think just what? I found out how you can fix it as well as I wanted to share it with you!

Alright, so, you HAVE to make sure the photo is the best dimension; if it is even 1 pixel off Facebook will certainly press it as well as your high quality will go down-the-tube. So, what size should it be?

For a company page (as well as your individual cover image): 851 x 315 pixels [WxH] For a Facebook group page: 801 x 250 pixels

The "typical" way to save anything for web use is to "save for web use" as a PNG file kind BUT, when it comes to our podcast FB group image, it had not been functioning, it was resembling this [look close, you'll see pixelation particularly around the message on the left-hand side of the image]

So, I did a little study and also recognized that Facebook press ANYTHING over 100KB's in dimension-- even if your picture is 101KB it will certainly be compressed as well as appear like poo.

Just how do you repair that? Well, you save it as a JPG and regulate the data size [see below]

These are some screenshots from Photoshop of how I dimension and also save my photos (this example is a Facebook Organisation page Cover Photo).


Begin with the proper size.

Produce the photo.

Save as a JPG.


In the majority of editing programs, you'll see what dimension the JPG will be, in my case it was 202.6 kb, so I dragged the high quality slider up until I got it the closest to 100KB without reviewing [ya know, sort of like the Rate is Right, ha!]


Alright, I decreased the file dimension to 99KB and also below is the new screenshot of what our group image appeared like ... BETTER!

In full disclosure, we really changed our brand around a little bit then all dropped, so this is the actual present photos on our group page-- yet still, no pixelation.

There you have it! Exactly how you could stay clear of the ever-so-present pixelation in Facebook cover pictures.