Facebook Cover Photo Dimensions In Inches

Facebook Cover Photo Dimensions In Inches: So, I recognize a lot of you create your very own Facebook timeline cover photos for your group or for your service page and I also know a lot of you obtain annoyed because it obtains pixelated or loses quality, right? Think exactly what, also as a web designer, this was occurring to me! [the horror!!!]


Facebook Cover Photo Dimensions In Inches


When I was developing our graphics for the All Up in Your Lady Business podcast, I developed a group cover photo for our Facebook group with all of the "normal" specifications I made use of-- the best size, the best layout, etc and it was STILL looking like a warm mess. There were items of the solid color obstructs that were pixelating and "feathering" around contrasting letters as well as it was driving me BATTY. Yet, think just what? I learned ways to fix it and also I wished to share it with you!

Alright, so, you HAVE to see to it the photo is the best dimension; if it is even 1 pixel off Facebook will certainly compress it and also your quality will certainly go down-the-tube. So, what dimension should it be?

For a business page (and also your personal cover picture): 851 x 315 pixels [WxH] For a Facebook team page: 801 x 250 pixels

The "typical" way to save anything for internet use is to "save for web usage" as a PNG file kind BUT, in the case of our podcast FB group photo, it wasn't functioning, it was looking like this [look close, you'll see pixelation especially around the message on the left-hand side of the image]

So, I did a little research study as well as recognized that Facebook press ANYTHING over 100KB's in size-- even if your image is 101KB it will certainly be compressed as well as look like poo.

Exactly how do you repair that? Well, you wait as a JPG and control the documents dimension [see listed below]

These are some screenshots from Photoshop of exactly how I size and save my pictures (this instance is a Facebook Business page Cover Photo).


Start with the correct size.

Create the picture.

Save as a JPG.


In most editing programs, you'll see exactly what dimension the JPG will certainly be, in my situation it was 202.6 kb, so I dragged the high quality slider till I got it the closest to 100KB without looking at [ya know, kind of like the Price is Right, ha!]


Alright, I decreased the data size to 99KB and also below is the brand-new screenshot of exactly what our group image looked like ... BETTER!

In full disclosure, we actually transformed our brand around a little bit hereafter all dropped, so this is the real present images on our group page-- yet still, no pixelation.

There you have it! How you can prevent the ever-so-present pixelation in Facebook cover photos.