Cover Photo Dimensions Facebook

Cover Photo Dimensions Facebook: So, I know a lot of you design your very own Facebook timeline cover photos for your group or for your service page as well as I likewise recognize a lot of you obtain disappointed because it gets pixelated or loses quality, right? Think just what, even as an internet designer, this was occurring to me! [the scary!!!]


Cover Photo Dimensions Facebook


When I was developing our graphics for the All Up in Your Lady Service podcast, I made a team cover photo for our Facebook group with all the "normal" specs I used-- the appropriate dimension, the right format, etc and also it was STILL looking like a warm mess. There were items of the strong shade obstructs that were pixelating and also "feathering" around contrasting letters and also it was driving me BATTY. But, presume exactly what? I found out the best ways to fix it as well as I intended to share it with you!

Alright, so, you HAVE to make certain the picture is the appropriate size; if it is also 1 pixel off Facebook will certainly press it and your top quality will go down-the-tube. So, what size should it be?

For a service page (and your individual cover picture): 851 x 315 pixels [WxH] For a Facebook team page: 801 x 250 pixels

The "normal" method to conserve anything for internet use is to "save for web use" as a PNG file kind BUT, when it comes to our podcast FB team picture, it wasn't functioning, it was resembling this [look close, you'll see pixelation especially around the text on the left-hand side of the image]

So, I did a little study and also understood that Facebook press ANYTHING over 100KB's in size-- even if your photo is 101KB it will be pressed and resemble poo.

Exactly how do you take care of that? Well, you wait as a JPG as well as regulate the file dimension [see listed below]

These are some screenshots from Photoshop of how I dimension and save my pictures (this instance is a Facebook Service page Cover Picture).


Beginning with the correct size.

Develop the image.

Save as a JPG.


In many modifying programs, you'll see what size the JPG will be, in my instance it was 202.6 kb, so I dragged the high quality slider till I got it the closest to 100KB without discussing [ya recognize, type of like the Rate is Right, ha!]


Alright, I reduced the file dimension to 99KB and below is the new screenshot of just what our group photo appeared like ... MUCH BETTER!

Completely disclosure, we really changed our brand around a bit then all went down, so this is the real current photos on our team page-- but still, no pixelation.

There you have it! How you can avoid the ever-so-present pixelation in Facebook cover photos.