New Facebook Cover Photo Dimensions

New Facebook Cover Photo Dimensions: So, I know a great deal of you create your very own Facebook timeline cover pictures for your team or for your business page as well as I additionally recognize a great deal of you obtain disappointed due to the fact that it obtains pixelated or loses quality, right? Presume what, even as an internet developer, this was happening to me! [the scary!!!]


New Facebook Cover Photo Dimensions


When I was making our graphics for the All Up in Your Lady Organisation podcast, I designed a group cover picture for our Facebook team with all of the "regular" specifications I utilized-- the best size, the appropriate layout, etc and also it was STILL resembling a warm mess. There were pieces of the solid shade obstructs that were pixelating as well as "feathering" around contrasting letters as well as it was driving me BATTY. Yet, presume what? I found out how to repair it as well as I wished to share it with you!

Alright, so, you HAVE to ensure the photo is the appropriate size; if it is also 1 pixel off Facebook will certainly press it and your high quality will go down-the-tube. So, what dimension should it be?

For a business page (and your personal cover photo): 851 x 315 pixels [WxH] For a Facebook team page: 801 x 250 pixels

The "normal" means to save anything for web use is to "save for internet use" as a PNG data kind BUT, in the case of our podcast FB group picture, it wasn't working, it was appearing like this [look close, you'll see pixelation specifically around the message on the left-hand side of the image]

So, I did a little study and recognized that Facebook compress ANYTHING over 100KB's in size-- even if your picture is 101KB it will be compressed as well as look like poo.

Just how do you deal with that? Well, you wait as a JPG and regulate the file dimension [see below]

These are some screenshots from Photoshop of how I size as well as save my photos (this example is a Facebook Company page Cover Image).


Start with the right size.

Develop the photo.

Save as a JPG.


In many editing and enhancing programs, you'll see just what dimension the JPG will be, in my situation it was 202.6 kb, so I dragged the high quality slider until I got it the closest to 100KB without discussing [ya understand, type of like the Rate is Right, ha!]


Alright, I reduced the documents size to 99KB and below is the new screenshot of exactly what our group image looked like ... FAR BETTER!

Completely disclosure, we really transformed our brand name around a bit then all decreased, so this is the actual current pictures on our group page-- yet still, no pixelation.

There you have it! Exactly how you can avoid the ever-so-present pixelation in Facebook cover images.