Facebook Cover Photo Dimension

Facebook Cover Photo Dimension: So, I know a lot of you create your own Facebook timeline cover images for your group or for your company page and also I likewise know a great deal of you obtain irritated because it gets pixelated or loses quality, right? Guess exactly what, even as an internet designer, this was occurring to me! [the scary!!!]


Facebook Cover Photo Dimension


When I was developing our graphics for the All Up in Your Girl Organisation podcast, I developed a group cover image for our Facebook group with all of the "typical" specifications I made use of-- the appropriate size, the best style, etc and it was STILL looking like a warm mess. There were items of the solid color blocks that were pixelating and also "feathering" around contrasting letters and also it was driving me BATTY. However, guess exactly what? I found out the best ways to repair it as well as I wanted to share it with you!

Alright, so, you NEED TO make certain the image is the right size; if it is also 1 pixel off Facebook will certainly compress it as well as your top quality will certainly go down-the-tube. So, what size should it be?

For a company page (as well as your individual cover photo): 851 x 315 pixels [WxH] For a Facebook team page: 801 x 250 pixels

The "normal" means to save anything for internet use is to "save for web usage" as a PNG file kind BUT, when it comes to our podcast FB group picture, it wasn't working, it was resembling this [look close, you'll see pixelation particularly around the message on the left-hand side of the image]

So, I did a little research study and realized that Facebook press ANYTHING over 100KB's in size-- even if your photo is 101KB it will certainly be pressed as well as look like poo.

Exactly how do you fix that? Well, you save it as a JPG as well as regulate the documents size [see below]

These are some screenshots from Photoshop of exactly how I size and save my images (this instance is a Facebook Business page Cover Image).


Beginning with the appropriate size.

Develop the photo.

Save as a JPG.


In many editing and enhancing programs, you'll see exactly what size the JPG will certainly be, in my case it was 202.6 kb, so I dragged the top quality slider up until I got it the closest to 100KB without discussing [ya recognize, type of like the Cost is Right, ha!]


Alright, I lowered the data dimension to 99KB and also below is the brand-new screenshot of what our team image looked like ... FAR BETTER!

Completely disclosure, we actually transformed our brand name around a little bit hereafter all decreased, so this is the real current pictures on our team page-- but still, no pixelation.

There you have it! Just how you can prevent the ever-so-present pixelation in Facebook cover pictures.