Dimensions Of Cover Photo On Facebook

Dimensions Of Cover Photo On Facebook: So, I know a lot of you design your own Facebook timeline cover pictures for your team or for your business page as well as I additionally know a lot of you obtain disappointed because it obtains pixelated or loses quality, right? Presume just what, also as a web developer, this was taking place to me! [the scary!!!]


Dimensions Of Cover Photo On Facebook


When I was developing our graphics for the All Up in Your Lady Service podcast, I developed a group cover photo for our Facebook group with all of the "normal" requirements I made use of-- the ideal size, the right format, etc and it was STILL looking like a warm mess. There were items of the strong color blocks that were pixelating and also "feathering" around contrasting letters and it was driving me BATTY. However, guess just what? I discovered how to repair it and also I intended to share it with you!

Alright, so, you NEED TO make sure the image is the best dimension; if it is even 1 pixel off Facebook will press it and also your top quality will certainly go down-the-tube. So, what dimension should it be?

For a company page (as well as your individual cover image): 851 x 315 pixels [WxH] For a Facebook team page: 801 x 250 pixels

The "regular" way to conserve anything for internet usage is to "save for internet use" as a PNG data type BUT, in the case of our podcast FB team photo, it wasn't functioning, it was resembling this [look close, you'll see pixelation especially around the text on the left-hand side of the picture]

So, I did a little study and also recognized that Facebook press ANYTHING over 100KB's in dimension-- even if your picture is 101KB it will certainly be compressed and also look like poo.

Just how do you fix that? Well, you save it as a JPG as well as regulate the data size [see below]

These are some screenshots from Photoshop of exactly how I dimension as well as save my images (this example is a Facebook Company page Cover Image).


Begin with the right dimension.

Create the photo.

Save as a JPG.


In the majority of editing and enhancing programs, you'll see exactly what size the JPG will certainly be, in my situation it was 202.6 kb, so I dragged the quality slider till I got it the closest to 100KB without reviewing [ya recognize, kind of like the Rate is Right, ha!]


Alright, I reduced the file size to 99KB and also below is the brand-new screenshot of what our group picture looked like ... BETTER!

Completely disclosure, we really altered our brand around a little bit hereafter all dropped, so this is the real current pictures on our group page-- but still, no pixelation.

There you have it! Exactly how you can stay clear of the ever-so-present pixelation in Facebook cover images.