What are Dimensions for Facebook Cover Photo

What Are Dimensions For Facebook Cover Photo: So, I recognize a lot of you design your own Facebook timeline cover photos for your team or for your company page and also I also recognize a lot of you obtain annoyed because it obtains pixelated or loses quality, right? Presume just what, even as a web developer, this was taking place to me! [the scary!!!]


What Are Dimensions For Facebook Cover Photo


When I was developing our graphics for the All Up in Your Girl Business podcast, I created a group cover image for our Facebook team with every one of the "normal" specifications I made use of-- the appropriate dimension, the best layout, etc as well as it was STILL resembling a warm mess. There were items of the solid color blocks that were pixelating and "feathering" around contrasting letters and also it was driving me BATTY. But, think exactly what? I learned how to fix it as well as I intended to share it with you!

Alright, so, you NEED TO ensure the picture is the ideal dimension; if it is also 1 pixel off Facebook will certainly press it and also your quality will go down-the-tube. So, what size should it be?

For a business page (and also your individual cover image): 851 x 315 pixels [WxH] For a Facebook team page: 801 x 250 pixels

The "normal" means to conserve anything for internet usage is to "save for internet usage" as a PNG data kind BUT, when it comes to our podcast FB group photo, it had not been working, it was looking like this [look close, you'll see pixelation specifically around the text on the left-hand side of the image]

So, I did a little study and also understood that Facebook compress ANYTHING over 100KB's in dimension-- even if your image is 101KB it will be compressed and also look like poo.

How do you deal with that? Well, you wait as a JPG and also regulate the file size [see listed below]

These are some screenshots from Photoshop of how I dimension as well as save my pictures (this example is a Facebook Business page Cover Picture).


Beginning with the right size.

Create the photo.

Save as a JPG.


In the majority of modifying programs, you'll see just what size the JPG will be, in my case it was 202.6 kb, so I dragged the high quality slider up until I got it the closest to 100KB without going over [ya know, type of like the Cost is Right, ha!]


Alright, I reduced the documents size to 99KB and also below is the new screenshot of just what our group photo appeared like ... BETTER!

Completely disclosure, we really altered our brand around a little bit after this all decreased, so this is the real existing images on our team page-- but still, no pixelation.

There you have it! Just how you could avoid the ever-so-present pixelation in Facebook cover photos.