Facebook New Cover Photo Dimensions

Facebook New Cover Photo Dimensions: So, I recognize a great deal of you make your own Facebook timeline cover images for your team or for your company page and also I also understand a lot of you obtain frustrated since it gets pixelated or loses quality, right? Presume what, also as an internet designer, this was taking place to me! [the scary!!!]


Facebook New Cover Photo Dimensions


When I was developing our graphics for the All Up in Your Woman Organisation podcast, I designed a team cover image for our Facebook group with all the "normal" specs I used-- the appropriate dimension, the right layout, etc and also it was STILL appearing like a warm mess. There were items of the solid shade blocks that were pixelating as well as "feathering" around contrasting letters and it was driving me BATTY. However, think just what? I found out ways to repair it as well as I wanted to share it with you!

Alright, so, you HAVE to make sure the picture is the best size; if it is also 1 pixel off Facebook will certainly press it and your high quality will certainly go down-the-tube. So, what dimension should it be?

For a company page (and also your individual cover picture): 851 x 315 pixels [WxH] For a Facebook team page: 801 x 250 pixels

The "regular" method to save anything for internet use is to "save for internet use" as a PNG documents kind BUT, in the case of our podcast FB team photo, it had not been functioning, it was resembling this [look close, you'll see pixelation specifically around the text on the left-hand side of the image]

So, I did a little research and recognized that Facebook compress ANYTHING over 100KB's in dimension-- even if your image is 101KB it will certainly be pressed and also resemble poo.

How do you repair that? Well, you wait as a JPG and regulate the file size [see listed below]

These are some screenshots from Photoshop of just how I size and save my pictures (this instance is a Facebook Service page Cover Image).


Begin with the right size.

Create the image.

Conserve as a JPG.


In a lot of editing and enhancing programs, you'll see exactly what dimension the JPG will be, in my case it was 202.6 kb, so I dragged the quality slider until I got it the closest to 100KB without reviewing [ya recognize, sort of like the Rate is Right, ha!]


Alright, I reduced the file size to 99KB as well as below is the brand-new screenshot of exactly what our group image looked like ... MUCH BETTER!

In full disclosure, we actually transformed our brand name around a little bit hereafter all decreased, so this is the actual existing photos on our team page-- yet still, no pixelation.

There you have it! Just how you could prevent the ever-so-present pixelation in Facebook cover photos.