Dimensions for Facebook Cover Photo

Dimensions For Facebook Cover Photo: So, I understand a lot of you develop your very own Facebook timeline cover images for your group or for your service page and I also understand a lot of you get disappointed because it obtains pixelated or loses quality, right? Think what, even as an internet designer, this was taking place to me! [the scary!!!]


Dimensions For Facebook Cover Photo


When I was creating our graphics for the All Up in Your Woman Organisation podcast, I created a team cover image for our Facebook group with all of the "normal" specs I used-- the right size, the appropriate layout, etc as well as it was STILL looking like a warm mess. There were items of the strong shade obstructs that were pixelating and also "feathering" around contrasting letters and it was driving me BATTY. Yet, guess exactly what? I discovered ways to repair it as well as I intended to share it with you!

Alright, so, you HAVE to ensure the picture is the ideal size; if it is also 1 pixel off Facebook will certainly compress it and also your top quality will go down-the-tube. So, what dimension should it be?

For an organisation page (as well as your personal cover photo): 851 x 315 pixels [WxH] For a Facebook team page: 801 x 250 pixels

The "typical" way to conserve anything for web use is to "save for internet use" as a PNG file kind BUT, in the case of our podcast FB group image, it wasn't working, it was looking like this [look close, you'll see pixelation specifically around the message on the left-hand side of the picture]

So, I did a little study and realized that Facebook compress ANYTHING over 100KB's in size-- even if your image is 101KB it will certainly be compressed and appear like poo.

Exactly how do you deal with that? Well, you wait as a JPG as well as manage the documents dimension [see below]

These are some screenshots from Photoshop of just how I size and also save my images (this instance is a Facebook Company page Cover Photo).


Beginning with the proper size.

Produce the picture.

Save as a JPG.


In the majority of editing programs, you'll see just what dimension the JPG will be, in my case it was 202.6 kb, so I dragged the top quality slider up until I got it the closest to 100KB without reviewing [ya understand, kind of like the Price is Right, ha!]


Alright, I reduced the data size to 99KB and below is the new screenshot of just what our team photo looked like ... FAR BETTER!

Completely disclosure, we really altered our brand around a bit hereafter all dropped, so this is the actual existing photos on our team page-- yet still, no pixelation.

There you have it! How you can stay clear of the ever-so-present pixelation in Facebook cover images.