Facebook Cover Image Dimensions

Facebook Cover Image Dimensions: So, I recognize a lot of you make your own Facebook timeline cover images for your group or for your service page and I additionally recognize a great deal of you get distressed because it gets pixelated or loses quality, right? Presume what, also as a web designer, this was occurring to me! [the scary!!!]


Facebook Cover Image Dimensions


When I was designing our graphics for the All Up in Your Woman Business podcast, I made a group cover picture for our Facebook group with all the "regular" requirements I utilized-- the right dimension, the best layout, etc and also it was STILL resembling a warm mess. There were pieces of the strong color obstructs that were pixelating as well as "feathering" around contrasting letters and also it was driving me BATTY. Yet, presume exactly what? I discovered the best ways to repair it and I intended to share it with you!

Alright, so, you NEED TO make sure the picture is the appropriate dimension; if it is also 1 pixel off Facebook will certainly compress it and also your high quality will go down-the-tube. So, what dimension should it be?

For a company page (and also your individual cover image): 851 x 315 pixels [WxH] For a Facebook team page: 801 x 250 pixels

The "normal" means to save anything for internet usage is to "save for web use" as a PNG documents type BUT, in the case of our podcast FB team photo, it wasn't working, it was resembling this [look close, you'll see pixelation specifically around the text on the left-hand side of the picture]

So, I did a little research study as well as understood that Facebook press ANYTHING over 100KB's in size-- even if your photo is 101KB it will certainly be pressed and also resemble poo.

How do you deal with that? Well, you wait as a JPG and control the documents size [see listed below]

These are some screenshots from Photoshop of how I size as well as save my images (this instance is a Facebook Business page Cover Image).


Beginning with the proper size.

Develop the picture.

Save as a JPG.


In a lot of editing programs, you'll see just what dimension the JPG will certainly be, in my case it was 202.6 kb, so I dragged the top quality slider till I got it the closest to 100KB without looking at [ya recognize, kind of like the Cost is Right, ha!]


Alright, I reduced the file dimension to 99KB and below is the brand-new screenshot of exactly what our group image looked like ... BETTER!

Completely disclosure, we in fact altered our brand name around a bit then all decreased, so this is the real present photos on our team page-- however still, no pixelation.

There you have it! Just how you can stay clear of the ever-so-present pixelation in Facebook cover pictures.